- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
ZNPP loses connection with last transmission line, switches to generators – Energoatom
KYIV. March 9 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant, occupied by Russian invaders, repeatedly lost the opportunity to receive electricity for its own needs from the grid and switched to power supply from generators, the press service of National Nuclear Generating Company Energoatom has reported.
“They explained that after shelling on Thursday night, the last power line, which allowed supplying the Zaporizhia NPP with electricity, was damaged.
“The last power line has been damaged. Generators have been launched,” the press service said.
As reported, none of the six units have been operating at the plant itself for several months, and the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate has restricted their use, banning operation at power facilities. At the same time, nuclear power plants need electricity for their own needs. Since the ZNPP was occupied on March 4, 2022, it has already been in blackout mode several times due to damage to all power lines connected to it.