- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Zelenskyy takes part in raising state flag ceremony on restored flagpole in Bucha, presents mayor Hero City award
KYIV. March 31 (Interfax-Ukraine) – On the anniversary of the liberation of Bucha from Russian occupiers, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy took part in raising the State Flag of Ukraine on the restored flagpole of the Memorial to the Defenders of Bucha territorial community, the presidential press service has said.
It is noted that the flagpole is located on the square at the crossroads of the road from Bucha to Vorzel. On March 3, 2022, a big battle took place at this place: units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and volunteers stopped a column of Russian armored vehicles that was moving from the side of Borodianka and Vorzel. Having light weapons, the volunteers held a circular defense for almost a day against the forces of the Russians, who had a numerical superiority.
“Previously, there was the largest flag of Ukraine in the region in this square, which was destroyed by the enemy during the occupation. Now this flag has been restored and solemnly raised in the presence of the president and distinguished guests,” the office said.
It is reported that the head of state presented the honorary award City – Hero of Ukraine to Bucha Mayor Anatoliy Fedoruk.
“Today it is an honor for me to present Bucha, the town of heroes, with an honorary award that symbolizes the strength of this city, symbolizes the difficult path traveled by Ukrainians,” Zelenskyy said.
He also presented the servicemen with national awards.