- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Zelenskyy, Croatian PM Plenković discuss situation at frontline
KYIV. March 31 (Interfax-Ukraine) – On Friday, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with Prime Minister of the Croatian government Andrej Plenković, who is on an official visit to Ukraine.
According to the presidential press service, at the beginning of the meeting, Zelenskyy thanked the Prime Minister of Croatia for his visit and participation in Bucha summit on the anniversary of the liberation of Bucha from the Russian aggressor.
“We are friends, we feel it. It is very important for our people,” the president said and noted the high level of bilateral relations between Ukraine and Croatia.
He separately emphasized the unchanging position of the Croatian government regarding the support of Ukraine and our people during the resistance to Russian aggression.
During the meeting, Zelenskyy briefed Plenković on the situation at the front, drawing attention to the primary needs of our defenders. The importance of the significant defense assistance provided by Croatia to Ukraine was noted, and the need for its continuation was emphasized.
“The parties discussed the issue of increasing pressure on Russia, including sanctions,” the office said.
It clarifies that particular attention was paid to further joint work to create a special tribunal to investigate the crime of aggression committed by Russia against Ukraine.
“For people, justice is very important. Ukrainians lost many relatives and friends over the past year. And it is very important to reach the end and have the results of justice,” the president said.
He also noted the importance of cooperation in matters of recovery and post-war reconstruction of the regions of our state liberated from the aggressor.
Noting Croatia’s leadership in humanitarian demining, the President of Ukraine welcomed Zagreb’s intention to hold a relevant international donor conference this autumn.
In addition, the parties discussed cooperation on the path of European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine.
“Zelenskyy thanked Croatia for its support in granting Ukraine the EU candidate status and noted the personal role of Plenković in this process,” the office said.