- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Wage arrears down by almost 3% in Aug – Economy Ministry
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Wage arrears in August 2021 decreased by UAH 105.6 million, or almost 3%, to UAH 3.487 billion, the Ministry of Economy reported, citing recent data from the State Labor Service as of August 30.
According to the ministry’s website, wage arrears in the past month increased in two regions – Volyn and Zakarpattia.
"The amount of debt at enterprises that are managed by the central executive authorities is also decreasing – in August this year their debts decreased by UAH 131.5 million," the ministry added.
At the same time, in the context of the central authorities, in August debts increased at the enterprises of the State Space Agency and the State Property Fund of Ukraine, the ministry noted.
Deputy Minister of Economy Svitlana Hluschenko stressed the work of the interdepartmental working group on the issues of paying off wage arrears has intensified over the past two months. She recalled the instructions of the government to completely eliminate the debt by the end of the year for those who have less than UAH 15 million, for the rest – at least halve.