- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukrainian House opens in Washington with Zelensky's participation
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky and First Lady Olena Zelenska took part in the opening of the Ukrainian House in Washington as part of a working visit to the United States, according to the presidential website on Thursday.
"I would like to congratulate you on the opening of the Ukrainian House. Our new Ambassador to the United States Oksana Markarova was involved in the implementation of this project. I congratulate her on this event," the president said, addressing the leaders of the Ukrainian community in the United States.
Zelensky called the opening of the Ukrainian House a landmark completion of his stay in Washington and noted the high level of preparation for the current visit, which was filled with important meetings, in particular with U.S. President Joseph Biden, U.S. Defense and Energy Ministers.
The head of state stressed the importance of the United States’ support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, as well as reforms in our country. The strategic partnership of the two states will continue to be strengthened, and the Ukrainian community in the United States will play a significant role in this process, Zelensky said.