- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
UK PM: We have new GBP 300 mln support package for Ukraine
(Paragraphs 3-4 have been added)
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The UK will provide Ukraine with a new GBP 3 million aid package, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said.
"I can announce today from the UK government a new package of support totalling GBP 300 million, including radars to pinpoint the artillery bombarding your cities, heavy lift drones to supply your forces, and thousands of night vision devices. We will carry on supplying Ukraine, alongside your other friends, with weapons, funding and humanitarian aid, until we have achieved our long-term goal, which must be so to fortify Ukraine that no-one will ever dare to attack you again," he said in an address to the Verkhovna Rada on Tuesday.
Johnson also said Russia’s war against Ukraine is a "conflict that has no moral ambiguities or no grey areas" and there is no doubt whose right is here.
"This is about the right of Ukrainians to protect themselves against Putin’s violent and murderous aggression. It is about Ukraine’s right to independence and national self-determination, against Putin’s deranged imperialist revanchism. It is about Ukrainian democracy against Putin’s tyranny. It is about freedom versus oppression. It is about right versus wrong. It is about good versus evil. And that is why Ukraine must win. And when we look at the heroism of the Ukrainian people and the bravery of your leader Volodomyr Zelensky – we know that Ukraine will win. And we in the UK will do everything we can to restore a free sovereign and independent Ukraine," the British Prime Minister said.