- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
U.S. continues to support Ukraine in fight against Russia, in struggle for reform – Rudyk
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Leader of the Holos party Kira Rudyk calls the overall result of the meeting between the presidents of the U.S. and Ukraine Joseph Biden and Volodymyr Zelensky generally positive, the press service of the political force reported on Thursday.
She said that the U.S. continues to support Ukraine in the fight against Russia and in the struggle for reform, but for fruitful cooperation between the authorities it is necessary to adhere to the commitments made.
"So that the support of the U.S. is not in vain, we must implement the reform plan set out in the joint statement. It includes the need to reform the SBU, the transparent appointment of the head of the SAPO and the director of NABU, strengthening responsibility for discrimination, completing judicial reform and its implementation, reform of corporate governance, protection of the NBU, changes in financial legislation and investment verification," the leader said.
Some of these steps are necessary for the next tranche of the IMF, so we can expect that in the near future the necessary laws will be considered by parliament, Rudyk said.
At the same time, she said that all these reforms are needed primarily by Ukraine, the Ukrainian economy and Ukrainian citizens.