- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Stoltenberg: We must give Ukraine what it needs to win as sovereign, independent state
KYIV. Feb 18 (Interfax-Ukraine) – NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg calls for providing Ukraine with everything necessary for victory as a sovereign, independent state in Europe.
“The most important lesson to be learned is the importance of North America and Europe standing together. There is no security in Europe without NATO. And the only way to preserve peace, to ensure our security is to ensure that North America continues to stand together with Europe,” he said at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday.
The NATO Secretary General said the risk of escalation will always exist, and there are no options that exclude it, but “the biggest risk is that Putin will win.” According to him, the victory of Russia will be a signal to other authoritarian regimes, which will make the world more dangerous.
He also said it is important to strengthen military potential.
NATO Secretary General said wars are unpredictable, it is unknown when and how this war will end, but he is sure that even if it ends tomorrow, the security conditions have changed and there is no return to the past.