- Wagner fighters' control over Azom factory complex in Bakhmut remains contested – British intelligence 29.03.2023
- War in Ukraine kills at least 8,401 civilians, 14,023 wounded – UN 29.03.2023
- Occupied territories lack medical personnel, part of hospitals treat only Russian occupiers – Maliar 29.03.2023
- Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra to be a museum that hosts religious services – Danilov 29.03.2023
- Zhovkva: Start of negotiations on Ukraine's accession to EU is investment in secure future of Europe 29.03.2023
Slovakia to send MiG-29 fighters to Ukraine – PM
KYIV. March 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Slovakia will send MiG-29 fighters and part of the Kub anti-aircraft missile systems to Ukraine.
According to the TASR agency, the temporarily appointed government of Eduard Heger made a decision on this at an online meeting on Friday.
Heger said at a press conference that the international agreement was unanimously approved by the government. He stated that the Cabinet had made a decision on the gratuitous transfer of technology in accordance with the Constitution of the Slovak Republic.
Back in February, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy officially appealed to Slovakia with a request to supply MiG-29 fighters to protect against Russian aggression. Heger then said that Slovakia would do everything possible to fulfill this request.