- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Retail turnover in Ukraine in 2022 21.4% down – statistics
KYIV. March 29 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine’s retail trade turnover in 2022 dropped by 21.4% compared to 2021 and reached UAH 1.398 trillion, the State Statistics Service has reported.
According to the statistical agency, the drop in retail turnover in December 2022 compared to December 2021 was 26.2%, while by November 2022 an increase of 14.8% was recorded.
In January-November 2022, the drop in retail trade turnover was 20.9%, including 23.6% in November, and 20.6% in January-October, including 23.5% in October.
The State Statistics Service said that the turnover of retail enterprises (legal entities) in 2022 compared to 2021 fell by 24.3%, amounting to UAH 973.8 billion. This figure in December 2022 compared to pre-war December 2021 fell by 28%, and by November 2022, it grew by 15.1% to UAH 104.577 billion.
The State Statistics Service recalled that the data are given without taking into account the temporarily occupied territories of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, the city of Sevastopol, and parts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
As reported, in 2021, retail trade turnover in Ukraine rose by 10.7% and in January 2022 by 18%.