- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Pivdenkoks raises coke output by 17% in Jan-July
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – PrJSC Pivdenkoks (Yuzhkoks) (Kamianske, Dnipropetrovsk region), a minority stake in which is owned by Metinvest B.V. (the Netherlands), in January-July of this year increased coke production by 16.8% compared to the same period last year, to 439,000 tonnes, including 62,000 tonnes produced in July.
According to the documentation at the disposal of Interfax-Ukraine, it is planned to implement the project on reconstruction of the coke shop in terms of changing the place of installation of gas heaters – removal of coke oven batteries No. 5, 6, and 7 from the tunnels.
The plans include removal of coke oven batteries No. 5, 6, 7 and coke oven gas heaters from the tunnels. As explained, coke oven gas supplied for heating furnaces must be heated in heaters to a temperature of plus 60-70 degrees Celsius in order to prevent precipitation of naphthalene and condensate in distribution pipelines and fittings.
In addition, it is specified that the environment in gas heaters is characterized by the following parameters: in the tube space – coke oven gas; in the annular space – water vapor, steam condensate. Medium temperature: in the tube space – plus 5-65 degrees Celsius; and in the annular space – plus 143 degrees Celsius.