- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Number of victims amid Zaporizhia shelling increased to 32 people – Emergency Service
KYIV. March 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) – As a result of a rocket hit between two nine-storey residential buildings in Zaporizhia, 32 people were injured, the State Emergency Service of Ukraine reports.
“Twenty-seven people have been hospitalized, three of them are children. Five were assisted on the spot. One person died. The forces of the State Emergency Service units managed to save six citizens and a dog,” the Telegram channel reports.
Emergency rescue operations are currently underway. Sixty-six rescuers and 14 units of equipment are working at the scene from the State Emergency Service.
Earlier it was reported about 25 wounded as a result of the shelling, including two children.
According to preliminary data, the Russian occupiers struck the city with a multiple rocket launcher system, probably Tornado-S. As a result of the shelling, more than 30 apartments in two houses were destroyed.