- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
No decision on withdrawal of Ukrainian defense forces from Bakhmut – AFU Eastern Group
KYIV. March 1 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ukrainian military has not made the decision to withdraw from Bakhmut, such decisions can be made if the threat to the personnel and operational situation is greater than the need to hold the territory, Spokesman for the Eastern Group of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) Serhiy Cherevaty told CNN.
“If we see that the threat to our personnel and our operational situation is greater than the need to hold the territory, we do it [withdraw troops], but we do it in an organized manner, without panic,” he said.
The spokesman emphasized that only the command sees the extent to which there is such a need in this situation.
“And then the relevant decision is made at a meeting of the Staff. I can say that there is no such decision now,” Cherevaty said.