- Lubinets on report of UN Monitoring Mission for Human Rights in Ukraine: Mission's findings confirm commission of mass war crimes by Russia 24.03.2023
- Zelenskyy marks fighters striking back for terror 24.03.2023
- Ukrainian MFA supports Rome Statute ratification, says no obstacles to interaction with ICC 24.03.2023
- Klitschko brings medical supplies, Starlink communication system, drones, vehicle to servicemen 24.03.2023
- Karlovsky Machine-Building Plant cuts net profit by 9.5% in 2022 24.03.2023
No decision on withdrawal of Ukrainian defense forces from Bakhmut – AFU Eastern Group
KYIV. March 1 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ukrainian military has not made the decision to withdraw from Bakhmut, such decisions can be made if the threat to the personnel and operational situation is greater than the need to hold the territory, Spokesman for the Eastern Group of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) Serhiy Cherevaty told CNN.
“If we see that the threat to our personnel and our operational situation is greater than the need to hold the territory, we do it [withdraw troops], but we do it in an organized manner, without panic,” he said.
The spokesman emphasized that only the command sees the extent to which there is such a need in this situation.
“And then the relevant decision is made at a meeting of the Staff. I can say that there is no such decision now,” Cherevaty said.