- Borrell: ICC arrest warrant puts Putin in completely different position with respect to intl community 21.03.2023
- Volunteer from New Zealand killed in battles with invaders in Ukraine – media 21.03.2023
- Japanese PM to visit Ukraine, Poland on March 21-22 – MFA 21.03.2023
- Yermak, US presidential national security adviser discuss situation at frontline 21.03.2023
- War in Ukraine kills at least 8,317 civilians, 13,892 wounded – UN 21.03.2023
Netherlands, together with Belgium, to provide Ukraine with two minesweepers – Dutch Defense Minister
KYIV. March 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – In 2025, the Netherlands, together with Belgium, will provide Ukraine with two Alkmaar-class minesweepers, the Defense of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Kajsa Ollongren said.
“The Netherlands will provide two mine-class minesweeper Alkmaar, and we will start training Ukrainian units so that they know how to use the ships. This will be done with Belgium and other allies. The ships will be ready for use in 2025,” she told a briefing at the Ukraine-Odesa media center on Tuesday.
The Netherlands will also provide bridges and M3 crossings, the minister said.
“These ships are a contribution to the future of Ukraine,” said Ollongren.