- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Most SOEs to be transferred to management of State Property Fund – Shmyhal
KYIV. March 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The core strategy of the government remains to minimize the government’s share in the economy while maintaining public control in sectors that are strategic and important for Ukraine’s security, Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal said at a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy Yulia Svyrydenko and Head of the F State Property Fund Rustem Umerov.
“There are many plans for this year. We continue small privatization and resume large privatization. We are transferring the majority of state-owned enterprises to the management of the State Property Fund. We are developing a strategy for managing enterprises confiscated from sanctioned persons,” the press service of the government said, citing Shmyhal.
According to the Prime Minister, the State Property Fund was instructed to implement the principles of the OECD in the management of state-owned enterprises.
In total, last year privatization brought UAH 1.7 billion to the national budget. After the change of leadership, the economic effect of the work of the State Property Fund amounted to more than UAH 5 billion.