- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ministry of Regional Development approves methodological recommendations for monitoring, assessment of accessibility
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine has developed and approved guidelines for monitoring and assessing the degree of accessibility of the physical environment and services for people with disabilities.
"We have clear goals for the creation of a barrier-free space for the next year and a half. They are set out in the National Barrier-Free Strategy. The next step is to develop clear mechanisms and recommendations. The document approved by the ministry contains detailed recommendations on the monitoring procedure," the press service of the department quotes deputy head of the Ministry of Regional Development Natalia Kozlovska.
In particular, the sequence of inspection and carrying out of measurements of separate elements of objects, definition of their parameters is approved.
Monitoring and assessment of the degree of barrier-freeness will allow to analyze the current state of barrier-free, determine the dynamics of the creation of barrier-free space and identify problems and plan ways to solve them.
As previously reported with reference to the Minister of Communities and Territories Development Oleksiy Chernyshov, Ukraine has introduced annual monitoring of barrier-free facilities and premises.
The national barrier-free strategy until 2030 was developed on the initiative of First Lady Olena Zelenska "Without Barriers".
Monitoring was introduced by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of May 26, 2021 No.537 On approval of the Procedure for monitoring and assessment of the degree of barrier-free facilities of the physical environment and services for persons with disabilities.