- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Metinvest will continue implementing investment projects in metallurgy to restore Ukraine's infrastructure – CEO
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Metinvest mining and metallurgical group will continue the implementation of investment projects in metallurgy, in particular, at Kametstal plant, created at the facilities of Dniprovsky Metallurgical Plant (Kamyanske, Dnipropetrovsk region).
"In March, Kametstal was the only metal producer in the country. In April, we managed to withdraw from hot conservation and resume production at Zaporizhstal. Metallurgy was one of the key industries in Ukraine in peacetime, and during the war it became a significant source of filling budgets at all levels, which is extremely important for our economy, so we will continue to implement investment projects in production, because the restoration of our country is ahead," CEO of Metinvest Yuriy Ryzhenkov said during a visit to Kametstal steel plant.
According to him, it will be necessary to rebuild the infrastructure of Ukraine – bridges, roads, buildings.
"For all this, metal is very necessary. And it is precisely in this that the role of Kametstal cannot be overestimated," he said.
Earlier, the general director of Kametstal, Dmytro Lippa, reported that the enterprise was working and is working with 100% capacity utilization.
"We are provided with orders, there are problems with logistics, but we are solving them," he said.
Metinvest is a vertically integrated mining group of companies that manages assets in every link of the production chain from iron ore and coal mining and coke production to the production of semi-finished goods and finished products from steel, pipes and coils, as well as the production of other high value-added goods. The group consists of mining and metallurgical enterprises located in Ukraine, Europe and the United States, has a sales network covering all key global markets.