- Lubinets on report of UN Monitoring Mission for Human Rights in Ukraine: Mission's findings confirm commission of mass war crimes by Russia 24.03.2023
- Zelenskyy marks fighters striking back for terror 24.03.2023
- Ukrainian MFA supports Rome Statute ratification, says no obstacles to interaction with ICC 24.03.2023
- Klitschko brings medical supplies, Starlink communication system, drones, vehicle to servicemen 24.03.2023
- Karlovsky Machine-Building Plant cuts net profit by 9.5% in 2022 24.03.2023
Market of electric vehicles in Ukraine doubles for two months – Automotive Federation
KYIV. March 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Registrations of new and used electric vehicles in Ukraine in January-February doubled compared to the same period in 2022 – to 2,923 units, including 23.5% of new ones, the Federation of Automotive Industry of Ukraine reported.
According to information on the federation’s website, in February, in particular, compared to the same month in 2022, the market doubled to 1,575 units, which also exceeded the figure for January 2023 by 16.8%.
According to the results of two months, Volkswagen holds the first place, having increased registrations by 4.3 times – up to 760 units, which allowed it to control 26% of the market and rise to the first line from the third one, which it held in January-February 2022.
The second place, as well as in the previous year, belongs to Tesla with a market share of 19.7% and an increase in registrations by 2.5 times, up to 576 cars, the third place belongs to last year’s leader Nissan (13.7% of the market and an increase in registrations by 27%).
They are followed by Honda (11.6% of the market) with the registration of 340 cars against 72 units in January-February 2022 and Renault (3.9%).
At the same time, in the ranking of models VW id4 ranked first, pushing the previous leader Nissan Leaf, whose registrations increased to 542 units from 47 units a year earlier, and its market share reached 18.5%.
Nissan Leaf controlled 13% of the market, while its registrations grew by 30%, to 381 units. Third place went to the Honda M NV with a share of 9.3% and sales growth of almost 4.2 times. Next in the ranking are three Tesla models: Model 3 (9.2%), Model Y (5.2%) and Model S (3.9%).
As reported, in 2022, registrations of new and used electric vehicles in Ukraine increased by 1.5 times compared to 2021 – up to 13,318 units, including 16.9% new against 14.2%, Volkswagen became the leader.