- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra to be a museum that hosts religious services – Danilov
KYIV. March 29 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra will be a state museum complex that hosts religious services, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (NSDC) Oleksiy Danilov has said in an interview with the NV radio on Tuesday.
“Speaking about the church issues, we do not interfere in them. However, Lavra is a museum that belongs to the state. All decisions related to this museum complex will be made by the state, and not by individuals who for some reason decided to denigrate our laws,” he said.
According to Danilov, “no one will pull anyone by the legs. Everything will be done in line with the current legislation. There will be a state institution called the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra Museum Complex. There will be religious services, but according to the laws of our country, and not by artificial formations, which were created in large numbers bypassing the law of our country.”
“They [the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate] claimed they had nothing to do with Moscow. Moscow priest Gundyaev starts to tell us how we should live here. A huge mistake was made when a large number of land plots were issued for the construction of buildings. We believed that they were related to God, however, it turns out that they were related to the FSB [Russian Federal Security Service],” Danilov said.