- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Infrastructure completely destroyed in Avdiyivka, there’s no single surviving building – military administration head
KYIV. March 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The infrastructure of Avdiyivka (Donetsk region) was completely destroyed as a result of Russian shelling, not a single surviving building remained in the city, and the housing stock was destroyed by 80%, said head of Avdiyivka Town Military Administration Vitaliy Barabash.
“The infrastructure is completely broken – nothing works. The housing stock is more than 80% destroyed – this is something that can no longer be restored, repaired, but only demolished and rebuilt. Now there is not a single surviving house. There probably hasn’t been a single surviving building in the town since the summer. And in general, we had 149 multi–storey and about 4,000 private houses,” he said in an exclusive interview with Interfax-Ukraine.
Barabash noted that in winter, the locals who remained in the town heated their homes with the help of stoves, which “were provided a lot by both volunteers and the state,” and fuel for the small stoves was purchased at the expense of a subvention from the state budget.