- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
ICC prosecutor urges Russia to return deported Ukrainian children
KYIV. March 31 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) Karim Khan calls on Russia to provide information and return the deported Ukrainian children.
Speaking online at the second international conference United For Justice in Bucha on Friday, he suggested that Russia provides some information. Khan urged Russia for the sake of the children, return the children to Ukraine as soon as possible, directly to Ukraine or through a third country, but the children must return home.
According to him, the Convention on the Rights of the Child or other legal mechanisms can be used for this, so that the rights of children are actually ensured.
The ICC Prosecutor said the ongoing investigation will continue in full cooperation with the ProsecutorGeneral’s Office.
Khan said the ICC will continue with full dedication, honesty and full independence to get the truth.