- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Energy sector to be part of 10th package of sanctions against Russia – European Council President
KYIV. Jan 19 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The energy sector will be a part of the 10th package of sanctions against Russia for its aggression against Ukraine, President of the European Council Charles Michel has said.
"I can confirm that we have started consultations on a possible 10th package of sanctions. We have decided to focus these sanctions on the energy sector in particular," he said at a joint press conference with President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv on Thursday.
He also said that it is necessary to check in what sectors it is possible to introduce sanctions against Russia.
Michel also said it is important to aim the sanctions at the Russian propagandists, as well as strengthen pressure on the Kremlin, and not just maintain it.
One more task is to attract as many countries as possible to extending the isolation of Russia and the countries that support it, the president of the European Council said.