- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Construction of Baykar Makina service center in Ukraine may begin in Nov – Taran
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The construction in Ukraine of a service center for the Turkish company Baykar Makina, which produces Bayraktar TB2 drones for the Armed Forces of Ukraine, may begin in November this year, Ukrainian Defense Minister Andriy Taran has said.
"It is planned at the expense of Baykar Makina to build a service center in Ukraine for servicing Bayraktar, training, for their repair, and work has already begun. So far, we are going through bureaucratic procedures regarding registration of the land on which this service center will be built. We do not transfer it to Baykar Makina, the land remains our Ukrainian property, it belongs to the defense lands, and the service center is being built at the expense of Baykar," Taran told reporters in Kyiv.
The minister noted that the construction of the center could possibly begin even next month.
"I hope that soon, perhaps even next month," Taran added.
As reported, on September 14, Taran at a meeting with Baykar Makina CEO Haluk Bayraktar considered the possibility and prospects of locating the production of Turkish unmanned aerial vehicles in Ukraine.
Earlier, in April, the Bayraktar TB2 attack unmanned aerial vehicle purchased from Turkey flew for the first time into the Joint Forces Operation zone, during which it discovered enemy equipment.