- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
At least 501 children killed since escalation of war in Feb 2022 – UN
KYIV. April 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – At least 501 children have died since the beginning of Russia’s full-scale aggression against Ukraine and almost a thousand children have been injured, said Catherine Russell, Executive Director of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
“Since the escalation of the war in February 2022, at least 501 children have been killed. This is just the UN verified number. The real figure is likely far higher, and the toll on families affected is unimaginable,” Russell said on Twitter Monday.
The UN stressed that children and families in Ukraine are paying the highest price for a brutal war.
“War is always the worst enemy of children, whether in Ukraine, or countless other conflicts around the world. Every child, no matter where they live, deserves to grow up in a peaceful environment. No child should experience a childhood scarred by violence and fear,” Russell noted.