- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
According to preliminary estimates, Russians hit Zaporizhia from rocket artillery – Ihnat
KYIV. March 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) – According to preliminary data, the Russian occupiers hit a high-rise building in Zaporizhia from a multiple rocket launcher system, possibly Tornado-S, said the spokesperson of the command of the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Yuriy Ihnat.
“According to preliminary data now, it is probably still a long-range multiple launch rocket system. Probably Tornado-S. It is clear that this is rocket artillery,” Ihnat said on the air of the national telethon.
He noted that from the moment of launch to the hit of such a missile there are “tens of seconds”.
“If our Defense Forces have the opportunity to notify that rocket or barrel artillery will work, then this is certainly being done. If there is no such possibility, there is no relevant intelligence to avoid this, then there may be such terrorist attacks by the enemy,” Ihnat added.
As reported, as a result of the shelling, more than 30 apartments of two nine-storey buildings in Zaporizhia were destroyed. One person was killed, 25 were injured: three people are in serious condition, 19 – of moderate severity, and three are slightly injured (two of them children).