- День народження Інтернету 17.05.2022
- "Хостмайстер" посилив захист інфраструктури за допомогою Hideez 07.05.2022
- У Чорнобаївці російські окупанти призначили "голову адміністрації" територіальної громади, працівники сільради відмовилися від співпраці з ворогом 07.05.2022
- НАСТУПНИМИ ПІСЛЯ ЦИВІЛЬНИХ З "АЗОВСТАЛІ" МАЮТЬ ЕВАКУЮВАТИ ПОРАНЕНИХ І МЕДИКІВ – ЗЕЛЕНСЬКИЙ 07.05.2022
- Наступними після цивільних з "Азовсталі" мають евакуювати поранених і медиків – Зеленський 07.05.2022
Title: Program Officer
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities and Governance
Reports To: Program Manager
Deadline for applications: May 27, 2022
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering youth; cultivating leaders; strengthening institutions; and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 worldwide (www.irex.org).
The IREX Ukraine office seeks a Program Officer who will play a key role in supporting effective implementation of the Veteran Reintegration program. The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Program Manager and be responsible for day-to-day delivery and management of the assigned components of the program. He/She will work closely with partner organizations and sub-grantees; ensure compliance with donor requirements; and procure consultant services in accordance with IREX policies. The position is eligible for remote work, while the situation in Ukraine remains unsafe; however, once the situation is stable, the PO shall be based in Kyiv with the possibility of travel to target regions within Ukraine. This position is available immediately and is contingent upon funding. The applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as early as possible.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, administers programmatic activities on psychosocial support and/or employment for veterans
- Ensures that all programmatic deliverables are achieved by the established deadlines;
- Manages grantees, maintains day-to-day communication with them and ensures the delivery of the milestones in accordance to the deadlines set
- Provides input into the development of training curricula, strategic planning sessions
- Advices on approach to psychosocial support and smart employment practices for veterans
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with civil society, media groups, opinion leaders, government officials, members of international community and other program stakeholders;
- Drafts proposals, work-plans; performance monitoring and evaluation plans; quarterly reports; final reports; success stories; talking points; and other types of programmatic documents;
- Oversee the execution of subgrant, contract and other types of agreements ensuring compliance and quality deliverables;
- Provide technical input into the development and adaptation of program materials;
- Supply technical assistance in relevant areas of expertise, and provide technical advising to program grantees;
- Represent IREXand support its organizational development;
- Other duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in international development, psychology, NGO management, public administration, political science, communication and/or other relevant field is preferred;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the NGOsector supporting large-scale programs with subgrant components;
- Demonstrated experience managing programs funded by the USGovernment and/or other donor governments.
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all staff, partners, sub-grantees, and members of donor organizations;
- High degree of initiative, organization, and attention to detail;
- English and Ukrainian language fluency, written and spoken;
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience in drafting programmatic documents, such as proposals, work-plans; quarterly reports; final reports; success stories; talking points; and other types of programmatic documents;
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations (when such travel is resumed).
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by May 27, 2022.
Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high number of applications, IREX will only contact shortlisted candidates.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.