- Собівартість будівництва житла за проєктом “Байден” становитиме $750/кв. м – Академія будівництва України 17.06.2022
- Технологія «розумне місто» у відбудові України 13.06.2022
- НА ЛЬВІВЩИНІ ПЛАНУЮТЬ ПОБУДУВАТИ IT-МІСТЕЧКО ДЛЯ ПРЕДСТАВНИКІВ КРЕАТИВНИХ ІНДУСТРІЙ 27.05.2022
- Академія будівництва України пропонує формат 8-квартирних будинків для оперативного будівництва житла 27.05.2022
- Фонд реконструкції та розвитку України планує створити реабілітаційний центр для цивільних і військових осіб на заході країни 27.05.2022
Kоординатор(ка) з нагляду в містах та поза місцями тимчасового розміщення внутрішньо переміщених осіб (інфраструктура) – UDOC Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the UDOC PC – Infrastructure position is to oversee the infrastructural upgrades / refurbishment programme in the target collective centers in Western Ukraine.
- Direct management of the UDOC Infrastructure team, setting clear objectives for team members and indicators to monitor performance
- Ensure compliance with collective center refurbishment strategy, tools, guidelines and standards
- Contribute to core competency strategy development and provide input on needs and gaps from his/her geographical and programmatic area of implementation
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of UDOC infrastructure projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, ensure high technical quality, and provide regular reports to the UDOC PDM
- Manage the project budget in his/her geographical and programmatic areas of implementation
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in project activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders (i.e. local authorities, other humanitarian organizations, volunteer groups)
- Promote the rights of IDPs in line with NRC’s advocacy strategy
- Coordinate and lead infrastructural technical assessments in collective centres to identify refurbishment/upgrade needs and define intervention strategy/plans
- Contribute to development of specific technical guidance, tools and mechanism to support and monitor the activities of the UDOC infrastructure team.
- Ensure proper sensitisation of the community about the planned activities.
- Contribute to organisational learning through the provision specific of technical analysis, lessons learned and reports
- Provide regular progress reports to the UDOC PDM
- Provide specific technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. cluster coordination) and working groups when requested by the PDM
- Ensure a comprehensive documentation of all activities conducted
- Closely cooperate with the UDOC project team (soft component) towards the planning and implementation of a coherent UDOC programme in collective centers in Western Ukraine
- Closely cooperate with other dep6artments to address cross-cutting issues that might arise during the implementation of project activities
- Support the line manager in drafting reports of any kind and contributing to proposals writing with development of work plan, budget, BoQs, list of activities
- Liaise with local government/community to advocate for UDOC infrastructure activities and to obtain required permissions for project implementation
- Elaborate a UDOC infrastructure strategy to meet all donor and project specific requirements as stipulated in the partnership agreements and general donor guidelines
- Assist with any other duties assigned by line manager as and when required.
1. Professional competencies
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within construction works and/or shelter/WASH programming
- Technical specific knowledge on Shelter and/or WASH, ideally in the framework of humanitarian programs
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good working knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector including the UN cluster system
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to liaise authoritatively with figures from the humanitarian community, local media, local government and army, and other relevant actors, when required
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision and in compliance with basic security rules.
- Good understanding of humanitarian compliance vis-a-vis donors and accountability to donors and affected populations
- Good external representation skills.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Fluency in spoken English and Ukrainian
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian building code and regulations is an advantage
2. Behavioural competencies
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Type of contract: national employment contract till the end of 2022
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Lviv, Ukraine.
This position is for Ukrainian nationals only.
To apply for this position please follow the link.
The deadline for the applications – 10.05.2022.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.