- Собівартість будівництва житла за проєктом “Байден” становитиме $750/кв. м – Академія будівництва України 17.06.2022
- Технологія «розумне місто» у відбудові України 13.06.2022
- НА ЛЬВІВЩИНІ ПЛАНУЮТЬ ПОБУДУВАТИ IT-МІСТЕЧКО ДЛЯ ПРЕДСТАВНИКІВ КРЕАТИВНИХ ІНДУСТРІЙ 27.05.2022
- Академія будівництва України пропонує формат 8-квартирних будинків для оперативного будівництва житла 27.05.2022
- Фонд реконструкції та розвитку України планує створити реабілітаційний центр для цивільних і військових осіб на заході країни 27.05.2022
Коодинатор з безпеки – HSS Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Health, Safety, and Security (HSS) Coordinator is to contribute to HSS-related activities and provide general guidance on HSS matters at Area office level.
The HSS Coordinator will provide daily advice on health, safety, and security issues pertaining to the Area level. The position holder leads, oversees, and monitors the implementation of NRC’s security policies and procedures at Area level and aims to reduce the risks through effective mitigation strategies. He/she also provides staff with sufficient amount of information through briefings and training sessions on relevant topics.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards and that NRC’s safety and security policies are implemented at area office level.
- Oversee and conduct regular security risk assessments (SRAs) to identify safety and security needs and mitigation measures.
- Promote, oversee and support Area HSS risk management culture to staff, assets, operation and reputation of NRC.
- Monitor, track, and analyze incidents and contextual trends and provide AMT with strategic advice based on changes to the context.
- Prepare security updates, take action as required and generate reports as required.
- Report all breaches of health, safety, and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities, or assets.
- Train staff in health, safety, and security and provide regular briefings and updates.
- Manage HSS staff at Area/Field offices and provide technical support to HSS staff
- Develop and maintain Area office HSS documents and procedures including strategy and budget.
- Network, communicate and cooperate with relevant external Security stakeholders
- Ensure collaboration on processes and tools between CO and AO.
- Organize and implement HEIST training at the sub-regional level (in collaboration with other AOs in Ukraine).
- Ensure that the standard security incident reporting system is applied at area office level.
- Identify risk mitigation measures including costing and technical specifications.
- Provide security briefings to all area office visitors and new NRC area office staff.
- Take a central role in incident and crisis management situations.
- Work closely with programme staff to plan and coordinate activities in the field from a security perspective. Ensure analysis trends and forecasting are brought into both security and programme planning.
- Assist in development and implementation of relevant security-related documents (security plans and SOPs, evacuation plans, contingency plans etc.) for area office locations where NRC is operational, including natural disaster preparedness plans.
- Support the Area Manager in implementing the risk management approach defined by HSS, including reviews and updates of Security Risk Assessments (SRAs).
- Develop specific SOPs as needed.
- Supervise, train and develop eventual security staff at office level.
- Authorization Request for trips towards locations in the area of responsibility and ensuring vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition.
- Prepare security updates and reports as required.
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- 2 years of experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or NGOs
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor degree
- Advanced computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Basic Knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language.
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
- Type of contract: national employment contract till the end of 2022
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
Duty station: Lviv, Ukraine.
To apply for this position please follow the Link.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.