- Собівартість будівництва житла за проєктом “Байден” становитиме $750/кв. м – Академія будівництва України 17.06.2022
- Технологія «розумне місто» у відбудові України 13.06.2022
- НА ЛЬВІВЩИНІ ПЛАНУЮТЬ ПОБУДУВАТИ IT-МІСТЕЧКО ДЛЯ ПРЕДСТАВНИКІВ КРЕАТИВНИХ ІНДУСТРІЙ 27.05.2022
- Академія будівництва України пропонує формат 8-квартирних будинків для оперативного будівництва житла 27.05.2022
- Фонд реконструкції та розвитку України планує створити реабілітаційний центр для цивільних і військових осіб на заході країни 27.05.2022
Junior Program Officer
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the Kyiv-based full-time Junior Program Officer position to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team. Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
Applications will be accepted until filled in. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
DAI Global is implementing the USAID-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This project is designed to support Ukraine advance self-reliant local governance including legislative reforms, participatory strategic planning methodologies, service improvement, local economic development, civil society engagement, and capacity building of sub-national government entities. The Activity has three objectives:
Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective
Objective 2: More self-reliant subnational governance
Objective 3: Citizens play an increasingly influential role in local governance processes
The Junior Program Officer provides operational and administrative assistance to the technical leadership of the project, performs a variety of coordination, communications, and logistic services in support to the daily activities of the senior management team. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Objectives and Duties:
- Maintain project technical leadership meeting and event calendars;
- In coordination with the logistics and procurement teams, assist project technical leadership in scheduling meeting, making appointments, sending invitations;
- Prepare required meeting documents, take meeting minutes, draft memos to file during project meetings and events;
- Assist technical team in creating event budgets, event agendas, invitations, participation lists, requisitions in an internal system (TAMIS) and follow policies and procedures under section 10 of HOVERLA Field Operations Manual;
- Coordinate with monitoring and evaluation team on online reporting of the events, workshops, seminars, and training sessions per USAID guideline;
- Assist project technical leadership in making photocopies, drafting letters, formatting power point presentation, sending technical documents, coordinating with the translator to translate any project document;
- Assist in the planning and oversight of events such as annual work planning meetings, annual retreats, project launching event, etc.;
- Help project technical leadership establish communication and coordination channels with government offices, local organizations, donors, etc. by acting as a liaison with those external parties;
- Maintain confidential records for the project leaderships;
- Develop and maintain an efficient project technical document and filing system in line with HOVERLA’s project retention policy;
- Liaise with operations or grants teams to ensure the technical team follows all processes and procedures for accessing resources, such as requisitions, agreements, tracking deliverables, etc.;
- Assist technical team in creating internal budgets and scopes of work/concepts for interventions to assist in HOVERLA budget and resource planning;
- Assist technical team in post award management with contracted vendors and grantees to ensure timely deliverable submission and review;
- Coordinate with other team members work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed;
- Other duties assigned by Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Business Management / Social Science or equivalent in relevant field is required;
- At least three years of relevant experience required;
- Preferably experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded projects or NGOs;
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients, peers, and stakeholders;
- Fluent Ukrainian and/or Russian and strong English language skills required;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.