- Представники IT-сектору та будівельної галузі, долучайтеся до «Construction Evolution Forum»! 29.11.2023
- Речі які реально допомагають девелоперам продавати квартири в новобудовах – експертна думка 29.11.2023
- Захист сайту від вірусів та злому 28.11.2023
- Цемент українського виробництва має стати ключовим матеріалом для відновлення – “Укрцемент” 28.11.2023
- Визнання крафтових виробників дистилятів дасть можливість удвічі збільшити кількість легальних виробників 27.11.2023
Інженер/ка в галузі цивільного будівництва
The Consultant (Senior Civil Engineer) to be hired under these terms of reference is to support Component 3 of UAFA TA, namely “Provide institutional development and capacity building support to public sector entities receiving project-financed investments”. The Consultant will work as part of the Project initiative to develop a feasibility study for a grain transhipment terminal on the border of Ukraine and Poland for the benefit of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine with the ultimate goal of facilitating financing from the European Investment Bank for the project. The Consultant will support other project components as directed and needed.
The Scope of Services and Responsibilities
Activities expected by the Consultant will include but not be limited to the following:
- Analyse technical information to identify the optimal type and size of equipment and machinery to be used in the grain transhipment terminal and associated cost profile. The information including but not limited to; specifications, installation instructions, maintenance requirements, the need and consumption rate (meaning the required amounts determining which kind or size of machines to use) of inputs for equipment and machinery; standards and best practices on building of agro-industrial complexes; and other engineering considerations, received from the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, Ministry of Infrastructure, Ministry of Economy or other public sector institutions, and other sources
- Identify gaps in the collected technical information and collect additional data and information from open sources of information (from the Internet), in particular, data sheets for machinery and equipment from their manufacturers’ web sites in order to produce the key deliverables listed below
- Formulate and support requests for additional information from the Ministry or other stakeholders
- Prepare written analysis of the engineering aspects of the feasibility study, including a description of the mix of equipment, machinery, and construction technologies selected for the financial model in the feasibility study, comparison with alternatives to justify the selection, and explanation of the impact of the selected engineering solutions on the financial model of the grain transhipment terminal
- Formulate assumptions for the elements of the written analysis mentioned above where ambiguity cannot be fully eliminated and where assumptions must be made (such as assumptions of the equipment/machinery cost profile, performance metrics, reliability, ), provide written justifications for these assumptions
- Inputs to sections of the feasibility study covering the engineering aspects of the proposed project, including such aspects as
- assessment of the proposed construction options for their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats,
- assessment of the proposed construction options against international best engineering practices,
- assessment of risks, associated with the engineering assumptions used in the financial model, their likelihood and impact
- formulating a set of assumptions that will be fed into the financial model
Appropriate contributions to the project final report as well as other ad-hoc reports if requested by the client
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s (Civil Engineering) degree
- Fluency in written and spoken Ukrainian; working proficiency in English.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office software.
General professional experience
- Proven experience of participating in development of feasibility studies or business plans for large clients
- Knowledge of regulatory documentation in the field of design and construction of agro-industrial facilities
- Understanding of the specifics of the agriculture sector construction projects
Duration of the assignment
The maximum total number of working days to be allocated to the consultant for the deliverables is 24 working days in the period from May 1 to June 30, 2023. The expected start date is 01.05.2023.