- Щорічна професійна бізнес-зустріч ProfTechBuild 03.06.2023
- Італійська la Repubblica розповіла про плани відновлення України та роль “Метінвесту” і “ДТЕК” у цьому процесі 03.06.2023
- Штучний інтелект за місяць відібрав роботу майже у 4000 Американців 02.06.2023
- Xiaomi випустила велотренажер із вбудованим генератором електроенергії 02.06.2023
- Для українців зробили доступним застосунок ChatGPT: поки що лише для користувачів iOS 01.06.2023
Grants and Proсurement Assistant
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Grants and Procurement Assistant, Severodonetsk
BACKGROUND: The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East activities are implemented across five project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, and Kherson. This position is assigned to the support of the Severodonetsk portfolio.
JOB SUMMARY: The Grants and Procurement Assistant will provide grant and procurement support to the project in accordance with Chemonics policy and USAID regulations. Under the direction of the Grants and Subcontracts Manager and Procurement Manager, the Assistant will be responsible for ensuring overall compliance, tracking of procurement and grants materials, and providing financial support and review as necessary.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the grants and procurement team in managing files, making copies and scanning documents
- Maintain and routinely update the procurement and grants databases
- Assist in the production, review, and management of the grants/subcontract/procurement applications, approvals, implementation and close-out processes
- Maintain the inventory tracking system for items procured under grants
- Work with the Grants and Subcontracts manager to ensure that proper preparation and execution of APS and RFAs, documentation, and disbursements under the project are in line with USAID and Chemonics procedures
- Work with grantees to ensure they are provided with suitable technical advice and assistance to properly use grant funds, build successful partnerships, and ensure successful adherence to reporting requirements
- Contribute to Activity reporting, monitoring, and evaluation activities as required
- Label and maintain complete electronic and hard copy files for each grant and procurement under the scope of the project
- Perform other support duties as requested
DUTY STATION: During the ongoing active war, the Grants and Procurement Assistant will work remotely. The position will be based in Severodonetsk after the war.
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required OR at least one (1) year of relevant bookkeeping, procurement, or grants experience required, with a preference for USAID-funded project management experience;
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team;
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with GPA-SEV listed in the subject line by May 20, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.