- Надходження на рахунки неплатоспроможних банків у липні зросли до 162,5 млн грн – ФГВФО 16.08.2022
- КЛУБ ЕКСПЕРТІВ ВИПУСТИВ ВІДЕО ОГЛЯД ПОДІЙ, ЯКІ ВІДБУДУТЬСЯ В УКРАЇНІ ТА СВІТІ З 15 ПО 21 СЕРПНЯ 16.08.2022
- WISCONSIN UKRAINIANS INC. СПІЛЬНО З “КЛУБОМ ЕКСПЕРТІВ” ТА БЛАГОДІЙНИМ ПРОЄКТОМ “НАША ЛЕПТА” ПЕРЕДАЛИ ГУМАНІТАРНИЙ ВАНТАЖ ДЛЯ ДІТЕЙ КИЇВСЬКОЇ ОБЛАСТІ 15.08.2022
- Росіяни чотири рази обстріляли три прикордонні громади Сумщини, зафіксовано 50 прильотів – голова ОВА 15.08.2022
- Шмигаль пропонує зобов'язати Нацгвардію виконувати роботи з розмінування 15.08.2022
Good Governance Specialist
The EUACI is looking for a Good Governance Specialist who is interested in and capable of helping integrity cities in their efforts to strengthen good governance practices; and in particular the principles of transparency, accountability and integrity in the delivery of local public services.
This Job Description provides further details about the EUACI programme, the five integrity Cities, the role of the Good Governance Specialist and the expected qualifications of candidates interested in applying for the position.
The EUACI is a joint EU and Government of Denmark financed programme aimed at supporting Ukraine in its efforts to reduce corruption at the national and local level through the empowerment of citizens, civil society, businesses, and state institutions. In May 2020, the EUACI entered into its Phase II that runs until mid-2024.
The EUACI has three components, namely:
Component 1; that supports key state anti-corruption agencies in improving their effectiveness and independence;
Component 2; that supports selected integrity cities in their efforts to strengthen their integrity, transparency, and accountability; and
Component 3; that supports Ukraine’s civil society, media, and business community with a view to increase awareness of and engagement in anti-corruption activities.
This Job Description falls under Component 2 and focuses on helping the Integrity Cities implement measures that will contribute to increased integrity, transparency and accountability. Organisationally, the Good Governance Specialist will be part of the EUACI’s Component 2 team that in addition to the Good Governance Specialist includes: a Public Integrity Expert, an Integrity City Expert, and a Team Leader.
The Integrity Cities
The five integrity cities with which the EUACI has entered into a partnership under its Component 2 are Chernivtsi, Chervonohrad, Mariupol, Nikopol, and Zhytomyr.
During Phase I, the EUACI worked with these cities to strengthen their systems and tools to enhance integrity, transparency, and accountability. The partnership continues in the current second Phase, focusing on the continued development of the various integrity tools launched during Phase I, and the implementation of new tools agreed for implementation during the current Phase II.
The integrity tools in the pipeline for the current phase include:
- Similar for all Integrity Cities:
- Corruption Risk Assessment of City Council and Executive Committee
- Municipal Integrity Plans (mitigation plans)
- E-Reception Hall
- Integrity Assessment of municipally owned enterprises: water supply (Chernivtsi and Nikopol), central hospitals (Chervonohrad and Zhytomyr), and district heating (Mariupol)
- Experience sharing and networking between Integrity Cities, and between Integrity Cities and European Cities
- Specific for Mariupol:
- Automated system for Conflict of Interest identification in draft decisions of the City Council
- Data base of local legislation
- Specific for Nikopol:
- IT system for sectoral budget monitoring
- Specific for Chervonohrad:
- Anti-corruption and contextual revision of local regulatory acts
Title: Good Governance Specialist
Place of service: EUACI office in Kyiv; with extensive travel to Integrity Cities
Supervised by Team Leader for Component 2 & 3.
Area of Responsibility
At the Overall Programme Level, the successful candidate has to contribute to:
- programme planning and budgeting, including review and update of the agreed work plans and budgets;
- quarterly, semi-annual, annual reporting of the progress made in the Integrity Cities;
- implementation of communication strategy for the Integrity Cities.
At the specific Component Level, the successful candidate is expected to:
- oversee the implementation, review and update of component work plans and associated budgets;
- quality assure and manage the work of advisers to the mayors posted by EUACI in each Integrity City;
- initiate and complete procurement of technical assistance services for Integrity Cities and the subsequent management of contracts;
- oversee the implementation and ensure the quality of the deliverables of the individual consultants, consulting companies, and IT developers hired by the EUACI to provide technical assistance to Integrity Cities;
- sustain partnerships with and represent the EUACI in front of leadership of the Integrity Cities, working-level public officials, civil society organizations, and investigative media;
- coordinate technical assistance with other EU-funded programs; and
- assist with other duties as agreed with the Team Leader.
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences, or a related field,
- Experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring programs, preferably within a context of capacity development, local governance, anti-corruption, and activities aimed at reducing corruption.
- Experience in the preparation of Terms of References, the procurement of technical services, and the management of contracts.
- Experience in establishing working relationships with local governments, international organizations and Ukrainian organizations.
- Good analytical, negotiation, networking, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to work in teams; creating an enabling environment, and with an eye to how to help partners and colleagues grow professionally.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, to follow through on tasks and deliver results.
- Flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and excellent English language skills is required.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and credibility.
Deadline for applications
Interested candidates should submit their letter of motivation and an updated CV to [email protected] before close of business on 28 February 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place from 07-11 March, 2022.