- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Zelenskyy: Ukraine looking for compromise solution on Special Tribunal against Russia at UN platform
KYIV. March 31 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine is working on the text of a resolution on the Special Tribunal over Russia at the United Nations site, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy said in Kyiv on Friday following Bucha summit, in which the heads of state and government of Moldova, Slovakia, and Slovenia took part offline and Croatia, and remotely – representatives of 47 countries and international organizations.
“We are working to ensure that there is a tribunal. I am sure it will be after the end of the war,” Zelenskyy said.
“We are working on the text of the relevant resolution at the UN site. Different countries are looking for different compromises there. A ‘hybrid’ option is also among our partners. But we still see our version and are working on it. For us, the main thing is that a large number of states be united and support this or that resolution format,” he said.
According to Zelenskyy, Ukraine is also working together with the International Criminal Court. “The ICC decision [on the warrant arrest against Putin] is a very powerful signal – both practical and political. Everyone was afraid of the question of the tribunal, but our evidence about the deportation of our children was a serious factor,” he said.