- Occupants fire at point of distribution of humanitarian aid in Kherson, wounding two people – administration 25.03.2023
- Zelenskyy congratulates SBU officers on their professional holiday 25.03.2023
- Most SOEs to be transferred to management of State Property Fund – Shmyhal 25.03.2023
- Some 20 countries already join strengthening of defence support to Ukraine – Kuleba 25.03.2023
- Invaders shift operational focus from Bakhmut to Avdiyivka, Kreminna-Svatove, return to defense – British intelligence 25.03.2023
Zelenskyy confers title of Hero of Ukraine upon Oleksandr Matsiyevsky
KYIV. March 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy has conferred the title of Hero of Ukraine on Oleksandr Matsiyevsky.
Earlier on Sunday, March 12, the State Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) finally confirmed the identity of the Hero, who was shot by the Russian invaders after the words “Slava Ukraini (Glory to Ukraine)!”
“The SBU investigators have established that the Ukrainian soldier, who was shot after the words ‘Glory to Ukraine!’ was a sniper from the 163rd battalion of the 119th separate brigade of Chernihiv region Territorial Defense Forces Oleksandr Ihorovych Matsiyevsky,” the SBU said in the Telegram channel on Sunday evening, March 12.
“I conferred the title of Hero of Ukraine upon Oleksandr Matsiyevsky. A Ukrainian warrior. A man who will be known and remembered forever. For his bravery, for his confidence in Ukraine and for his ‘Glory to Ukraine!’. Glory to the Hero! Glory to the Heroes! Glory to Ukraine!” Zelenskyy said in a video address.