- Zaluzhny, Commander-in-Chief of NATO Air Force in Europe Cavoli discuss defense issues 29.03.2023
- Ukrainian aviation carry out five strikes on areas of concentration of Russian occupiers in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 29.03.2023
- AFU General Staff: Russian invaders continue to build fortifications in temporarily occupied Crimea 29.03.2023
- Russian military trying to arrange provocations on Ukrainian-Belarusian border – SBU interception 29.03.2023
- Olena Kondratiuk calls on President, deputies of Slovak Parliament to become ambassadors for return of Ukrainian children 29.03.2023
Zelenskyy: All those guilty of war crimes against Ukrainians will end up in courtrooms
KYIV. March 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – All those guilty of war crimes against Ukrainians will end up in courtrooms of the International Criminal Court and national courts, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said.
“A year ago, the Russian military committed one of the worst crimes of this war. Russian bombs destroyed a theater in Mariupol. A building that was used as a shelter. There were women with children, pregnant women, and the elderly. A civilian object deliberately destroyed by the occupier. We still don’t know the exact number of victims. Hundreds of people? A thousand?” the head of state said on his daily video address on Thursday night.
He emphasized that Russia will be held accountable for the war crime it had committed.
“The day will come when we will liberate Mariupol. Our entire south. Our entire east. Just like we liberated our other cities. The day will come when a tribunal will be established to bring justice to our people. A tribunal that will punish this aggressor in the same way as the aggressors of the past were punished. The day will come when all the perpetrators of war crimes against Ukrainians will be brought to justice in the halls of the International Criminal Court and national courts,” Zelenskyy said.
“And if some terrorists hope to hide somewhere… It will not work for them. All those who bombed Ukraine. Who burned our villages, who shelled Ukrainian cities… Mykolaiv, Kherson, Nikopol and Marhanets, Zaporizhia, cities of Donbas, Kharkiv, Kharkiv region. […] All Rashists will be held accountable. They will be held to account for every Ukrainian life taken,” he said.