- French investigators to help Ukraine with documenting crimes in Izium, identification of victims – Colonna 27.09.2022
- Zelensky, Stoltenberg discuss situation on battlefield, further support of NATO for Ukraine 27.09.2022
- Some 800 Azov fighters, incl. more than 40 women, remain in Russian captivity – patronage service 27.09.2022
- Ukraine already receiving from U.S. everything necessary to fight Iranian drones upon consent of Israel – ambassador 27.09.2022
- AFU liberate village of Koroviy Yar in Donetsk region 27.09.2022
Zelensky urges Guterres to use all UN mechanisms to return Ukrainian prisoners
KYIV. Aug 18 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called on UN Secretary-General António Guterres to use all UN mechanisms to return Ukrainian prisoners of war to their homeland.
"Much attention [during the meeting] was paid to a very painful issue, the issue of protecting and releasing Ukrainian prisoners who are being held by Russia. I called on the UN Secretary General to use all possible measures and use all mechanisms of the organization to return all our people home," Zelensky said at a briefing following a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and UN Secretary General António Guterres.
According to the president, there was agreement on the speedy dispatch of a mission to establish the facts of the death of Ukrainian prisoners of war in Olenivka.