- Zelensky advocates Ukraine's accession to Istanbul Convention 30.11.2021
- MPs pass amendment to 'resource' bill canceling transfer of taxation of poultry farming to general system 30.11.2021
- Shmyhal believes EU, Associated Trio countries should combine expertise to combat health threats 30.11.2021
- NATO FMs discuss possibility of new sanctions against Russia over Ukraine – Stoltenberg 30.11.2021
- Blinken, Stoltenberg warn of serious consequences in case of Russia's aggressive actions against Ukraine 30.11.2021
Zelensky says about settling autumn crisis staffing situation in NBU, temporary maintaining status quo
KYIV. Nov 26 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has announced the settlement of the autumn crisis staffing situation at the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) and temporary maintaining the status quo.
"The situation at the National Bank in the summer and early autumn was a crisis in relation to staff… What I did was temporarily extinguish the fire, which led to a change in the leadership of the National Bank, stabilized the situation with the exchange rate and led to the signing of the memorandum with International Monetary Fund and receiving a tranche from it," he said at the press conference on Friday in Kyiv.
He added that the current staff situation should be preserved in the existing format. "Today, it should be in the format as it is. This is my personal opinion. And then, when we pass this period, address the problems," he added.
Zelensky said that he considers it correct to leave Kyrylo Shevchenko as Governor of the National Bank.