- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Zelensky on supply of tanks to Ukraine: I believe that strength of German leadership to remain unchanged
KYIV. Jan 20 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The delivery of modern tanks to Ukraine is an element of strengthening the occupiers’ feeling that they will not be able to achieve anything in Ukraine, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a video message on Thursday.
“I thank Mr. Charles Michel, President of the European Council, who was in Kyiv today and who very clearly calls on Europe to make a decision on tanks. And the relevant coalition of partners has actually already been formed, and now we are waiting for a decision from one European capital that will activate the prepared chains of cooperation on tanks. I believe that the strength of German leadership will remain unchanged,” Zelensky said.
“And today we have several powerful decisions by our partners to strengthen our defense. First of all, in strengthening our artillery,” he noted.
He thanked Estonia “for another and the largest package of military aid from this country. For howitzers and ammunition.” Sweden – for the new military package. For NLAW, Archers and IFVs.
“I am grateful to Denmark for adopting the decision on CAESARs for our warriors. This will significantly strengthen our army. I am grateful to Lithuania for the new military package. For anti-aircraft systems, ammunition and helicopters. And we are preparing for tomorrow’s Ramstein – we expect powerful decisions,” the president said.
According to him, Ukraine is expecting a powerful package of military support from the United States.