- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Zelensky notes French President Macron's leadership initiatives
KYIV. Jan 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky noted the "leadership initiatives" of French President Emmanuel Macron, voiced in their conversation on Tuesday.
"Today, in particular, in a conversation with Emmanuel, I was glad to hear his leadership initiatives," he said in a video statement on Tuesday, referring to the "peace formula" that was discussed during the conversation.
"Thanks to Mr. President for the readiness to strengthen the Ukrainian air defense, to expand our armored cooperation. It is this armored element that is becoming more and more significant for the situation at the frontline. Just like the artillery one," Zelensky said.
"I thank France and personally Emmanuel for the decisions we really need to strengthen the Ukrainian artillery. Thank you also for the appropriate leadership within our anti-war coalition," he said.