- DTEK regards Zelensky's statements as unfair, baseless 27.11.2021
- Delivery of 50,000 vials of Remdesivir to Ukraine expected by Dec 15 – health minister 27.11.2021
- State overthrow being prepared by FSB officer, three defectors from Interior Ministry – media 27.11.2021
- Burba wants to sue for charge of disclosing classified info 27.11.2021
- There is no conflict of interest between Yermak and Tatarov – Zelensky 27.11.2021
Zelensky, Merkel discuss security situation on Ukraine's borders
KYIV. Nov 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has had a telephone conversation with acting German Chancellor Angela Merkel to update her on the current security situation in Donbas and on the steps that Ukraine is taking to settle the conflict, the Ukrainian presidential press service said.
"The parties agreed on the need to coordinate the efforts of the international community on the issue of localizing Russian threats and continuing the sanctions policy," the press service said in a statement.
The sides also noted the need to continue work in the Normandy format.
Zelensky thanked Merkel for the many years of continued support for Ukraine’s territorial integrity and sovereignty and for her active position in the Normandy-format talks, it said.
The two leaders also discussed the migrant crisis on the EU-Belarus border. They stressed the importance of coordinating the actions of Ukraine and the EU in order to prevent the crisis from being used in terms of destabilizing the situation in EU countries and Ukraine, the press service said.