- Brussels calls recent anti-corruption investigations as ‘positive signal’ 03.02.2023
- Progress in provision of weapons by France to Ukraine is inevitable, we will hear about results in near future – Stefanchuk 02.02.2023
- SBU detains employee of Ukroboronprom, who works for Russia’s military intelligence 02.02.2023
- USA imposes sanctions against 12 companies, 10 individuals who help Kremlin evade sanctions 02.02.2023
- Russian troops continue preparations for offensive in separate directions – AFU General Staff 02.02.2023
Zelensky hopes for Finland's support in Ukraine's accession to NATO
KYIV. Jan 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky hopes that Finland will support Ukraine on its way to NATO.
"We support Finland and Sweden on the way to the Alliance, joining the most powerful security platform today. We would like, since we support these steps today, that tomorrow we do not go down this road alone," he said at a press conference on Tuesday after meeting with Finnish President Sauli Niinisto.
According to Zelensky, "we must build a strong army so that we can get there [to NATO]. This resilience depends on the support of many countries. The United States gives the greatest support. Britain, the countries of the European continent, the countries of Asia, Africa. It is very important that they are on the side of Ukraine, on the side of truth and strengthen our army in any way they can."
"We talked about creating a separate platform to strengthen Ukraine with armored vehicles, including tanks. I am glad that Finland will take its place there," he also said.
"I want to thank you for the special attitude to our people. It is a great humanitarian aid to give the necessary shelter in your country. I appreciate it very much. During this war such a warm attitude is really important," Zelensky said.