- Cost of housing construction under ‘Biden’ project will be $750/sq m – Academy of Construction 17.06.2022
- Ukraine’s Construction Academy offers format of 8-apartment buildings for rapid housing construction 27.05.2022
- Fund for Reconstruction, Development of Ukraine plans to create rehabilitation center for civilians, military persons in country’s west 27.05.2022
- Mobile hospitals can temporarily replace destroyed ones – opinion 27.05.2022
- KNUCA to prepare bachelors under reduced three-year program 27.05.2022
Zelensky expresses condolences to family of deceased journalist Oleksandr Makhov: Russia will bear responsibility for this death
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky expressed condolences to the family of Oleksandr Makhov, a war correspondent for the Ukraine 24 channel, who died as a result of Russian shelling near Izium.
"Today I will start with a story about one person. About Oleksandr Makhov – a well-known journalist. Born in Luhansk region. He had a special feeling of what this war means. Today he died in Kharkiv region, in the battles near Izium. He was 36 years old. My sincere condolences to relatives and friends. Let his son Vladyslav know: Russia will bear responsibility for this death, " Zelensky said in his video address on Thursday night.
He noted that Makhov was a man and a journalist with his own position, patriotic and sincere.
"And always without vanity. And he was always among the bravest, among the first. He always worked in the hottest spots. Tried to bring true material. Powerful material. In 2017, he was the first Ukrainian journalist to visit our station in Antarctica. When COVID came, he was not afraid. He has lived in Sanzhary for two weeks, where Ukrainians were brought to from China. From the first day of the full-scale war, he was on the frontline. Volunteer. ATO veteran. Warrior of the 95th assault brigade, " the president noted.
"We will definitely gain victory for Ukraine. I’m sure it was Oleksandr’s dream. And we will make it come true. Eternal memory to him and to all our heroes who gave lives for Ukraine! " Zelensky said.
Oleksandr Makhov is a journalist, war correspondent for Ukraine 24 and Sehodnia (Today) news channel, and a combat veteran. He was one of those professional journalists who were the first to show and report on the events of the war. He created a large number of stories, as well as described what was happening in the war in the podcast Voenkor (military correspondent).