- NSDC sanctions to cover over 3,600 individuals, legal entities including Putin's children, relatives, oligarchs – Economy Ministry 01.10.2022
- Italy's Eni said Gazprom did not confirm to it gas supplies through Austria on Oct 1 01.10.2022
- Twenty two people, including 10 children, killed in car convoy shot by invaders in Kupiansk district of Kharkiv region – updated data of PGO 01.10.2022
- Georgia will never recognize pseudo-referendums on Ukrainian territories – MFA 01.10.2022
- Twenty four people, including 13 children, one pregnant woman, died in enemy shelling of convoy near Kurylivka in Kharkiv region 01.10.2022
Zelensky at UN General Assembly: Russia's aggression against Ukraine requires punishment
KYIV. Sept 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Russia must be punished for aggression against Ukraine, for the catastrophic turbulence that Russia provoked with its illegal war, and not only for us, Ukrainians, but for the whole world. For every nation represented in this hall of the UN General Assembly. This was stated by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, speaking on Wednesday via video link at the UN General Assembly.
"Punishment for the crime of aggression. Punishment for violation of borders and territorial integrity. Punishment that must be in place until the internationally recognized border is restored. Until the aggression stops. And until the damages and losses for the war are fully compensated," the president said.
"Therefore, sanctions against the aggressor are part of the peace formula. Blocking the trade and relations with the aggressor is part of the peace formula. All this is a punishment," he said.
"So long as the aggressor is a party to decision-making in the international organizations, he must be isolated from them – at least until aggression lasts. Reject the right to vote. Deprive delegation rights. Remove the right of veto – if it is a Member of the UN Security Council. In order to punish the aggressor within the institutions," Zelensky said.
"We should not turn a blind eye to propagandists who justify aggression, but apply a full package of personal restrictions against them. That is a punishment for lying," he stressed.
"Citizens of the aggressor state should not be allowed to enjoy tourism or shopping in the territory of those who value peace, but should be encouraged through visa restrictions to fight against the aggression of their own state. Punish for abetting the evil," he said.
"A Special Tribunal should be created to punish Russia for the crime of aggression against our state. This will become signal to all ‘would-be’ aggressors, that they must value peace or be brought to responsibility by the world. We have prepared precise steps to establish such Tribunal. They will be presented to all states," the president said.
Ukraine will appeal to the UN General Assembly to support an international compensation mechanism, he said.
"Russia should pay for this war with its assets. It is also a punishment. This is one of the most terrible punishments for Russian officials, who value money above everything else," Zelensky said.