- Zelensky thanks Canada for expanding, extending UNIFIER mission in Ukraine 27.01.2022
- Ukraine to deepen cooperation with Germany in decarbonization 27.01.2022
- Presidents of Ukraine, Lithuania discuss security situation along Ukrainian borders 27.01.2022
- Kuleba has audience with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark 27.01.2022
- Creating psychological pressure, Russia tries to worsen Ukraine’s economy – Shuliak 27.01.2022
Zelensky advocates Ukraine's accession to Istanbul Convention
KYIV. Nov 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky consistently supports steps aimed at protecting the rights of victims of domestic violence, gender-based violence, as well as ensuring an appropriate response to cases of such violence, the presidential press service has said.
"Preparations for submission to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of a bill on Ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on Prevention of Violence against Women and Domestic Violence are nearing completion in the President’s Office. The position of Volodymyr Zelensky regarding the need for Ukraine to join this Convention is principled and unchanged. After the completion of the relevant procedures, the head of state will be ready to submit the specified bill to the parliament," the office said.
In this regard, the President’s Office said the most important issue is the consolidation of the efforts of all parties around Ukraine’s ratification of the Istanbul Convention.