- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Yermak: There are great expectations from conference on Ukraine's restoration in Rome
KYIV. March 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Head of the President’s Office of Ukraine Andriy Yermak had a phone conversation with Minister of Enterprise and Made of Italy Adolfo Urso.
According to the presidential press service, the interlocutors discussed ways to implement the agreements reached during a phone conversation between President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Prime Minister of the Italian Republic Giorgia Meloni on March 29.
The President’s Office head thanked his interlocutor for the steady support of Ukraine by Italy in the struggle for freedom and independence.
He also said today the key task is to prevent any revenge on the part of Russia for the defeat of last year in the war against Ukraine and to accelerate the liberation of the temporarily occupied Ukrainian territories, which will be facilitated by the prompt receipt of the necessary assistance from the partner states.
“Andriy Yermak noted Italy’s support for the UN General Assembly resolution on a just and sustainable peace in Ukraine. He expressed hope for further support from the Italian Republic of the Ukrainian Peace Formula and active participation in the implementation of one or more of its points,” the office said.
It clarifies that the President’s Office head also spoke about high expectations from the conference in Rome at the end of April on the restoration of Ukraine with the participation of Italian enterprises and business representatives, which should give impetus to bilateral projects in energy, infrastructure, agriculture, healthcare and digitalization.
“We are interested in attracting Italian companies, which are leaders in construction, infrastructure development, transportation, energy supply, to designing the restoration of Ukraine now,” Yermak said.