- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Yermak invites French companies to enter Ukrainian market – meeting with President of Association of Mayors of France
KYIV. Feb 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Yermak at a meeting with President of the Association of Mayors of France, Mayor of Cannes David Lisnard noted the key importance of the issue of post-war recovery of Ukraine.
As reported on the website of the head of the Ukrainian state, a patronage model was proposed for the restoration of regions, large and small towns, and villages. “This is a chance for Ukraine to modernize, but at the same time it is a platform for testing new French technologies, approaches and solutions,” Yermak said.
He said that Ukraine is a new huge market that French companies can enter with the prospect of long-term partnership and cooperation. “I invite all French cities to find their place in this promising market. This is not about charity. This is an opportunity to get contracts in the market of a country with a population of 40 million. I am convinced that it is interesting,” the head of the President’s Office said.
Yermak called on the network of the Association of Mayors of France to join the United Cities for the Future summit to be held in Kyiv in late March – early April 2023. This event is intended to engage foreign partners in the implementation of projects to restore Ukraine at the regional level and to intensify international cooperation of Ukrainian regions and cities.
The head of the Office of the President of Ukraine also turned to Lisnard with a request to help establish twinning and partnership relations between French and Ukrainian cities. “I know that last year the Association of Mayors of France, headed by you, established a partnership with the city of Irpin. You are in constant contact with the Embassy of Ukraine in France, and our diplomats will be ready to hand over new partnership proposals to you,” Yermak said.