- Next six howitzers from Latvia already being used on front line – Reznikov 16.08.2022
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2022 16.08.2022
- Zelensky holds meeting of Supreme Commander's Headquarters 15.08.2022
- New Zealand extends participation in training program of Ukrainian military in UK – Reznikov 15.08.2022
- Russian forces shell occupied Enerhodar on their own – head of Nikopol administration 15.08.2022
Yermak considers meeting of advisers to leaders of Normandy format to be its resuscitation
KYIV. Jan 27 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Yermak said that he considers the meeting of advisers to the leaders of the Normandy format to be his resuscitation.
“I consider this [the meeting] a resuscitation of the Normandy format,” Yermak said at a briefing following a meeting of advisers to the leaders of the Normandy Four in Paris.
According to him, the very fact that the talks have resumed is a positive signal.
Yermak noted that the participants in the talks supported the continuation of the work of the Trilateral Contact Group.
He also stressed the importance of maintaining a ceasefire in eastern Ukraine.
“Ukraine proposes to discuss strengthening the verification mechanism with the participation of all countries of the Normandy format. Without this mechanism, it is difficult to ensure 100% compliance with the ceasefire,” he said.
The head of the President’s Office noted that the discussion concerned the situation in Donbas, although, according to him, “Ukraine expects de-escalation not only near the line of contact, but also around all Ukrainian borders.”