- G7 ambassadors meet with new NBU head, note successful work of NBU in managing macro-financial situation 28.11.2022
- Only Russia's defeat to ensure peace and stability in future – Swedish FM 28.11.2022
- LPN and eurobond quotations as of 18:00 Kyiv time on November 28 28.11.2022
- World's stock indexes at 17:45 Kyiv time on 28/11/22 28.11.2022
- Currency cross-rates at 16:01 Kyiv time on 28/11/22 28.11.2022
Winners of Nobel Peace prize in 2022: Ales Bialiatski (Belarus), Center for Civil Liberties (Ukraine), Memorial organization (Russia)
(Paragraph four has been added)
KYIV. Oct 7 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The 2022 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Belarusian human rights activist Ales Bialiatski, the Memorial Human Rights Center (RF), as well as the Ukrainian organization Center for Civil Liberties, the Nobel Committee announced on Friday.
The Committee said that they have been awarded for that they “for many years promoted the right to criticise power and protect the fundamental rights of citizens.”
“Together they demonstrate the significance of civil society for peace and democracy,” they said.
According to the committee’s press release, each laureate was awarded a third of the prize amount.