- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
We levelling situation, preparing our actions for future – Zelenskyy
KYIV. Feb 20 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy says the Defense Forces are levelling the situation and are preparing their actions for the future.
“Held a meeting of the Headquarters in a new expanded format. Both the Commander-in-Chief and the commanders of the directions reported, and there were reports directly from the frontline. We are levelling the situation, we are doing everything to prepare our actions, planned for the future, for the near future,” he said in a video address on Sunday.
According to him, “the Commander-in-Chief reported on the situation as a whole at the front, with particular emphasis on mobilization, the specific situation, why, how and what is being carried out. He heard detailed reports at Headquarters on each combat position, each of the hottest areas.”
“The Bakhmut direction, Khortytsia independent motorized infantry battalion was the report of the commander, General Syrsky. How we defend our positions, how we strengthen this particular direction and how much we take away the enemy’s forces. The situation is very difficult. I repeat again and again: the more Russia loses there, the sooner we will be able to end this war with a victory for Ukraine,” he said.
The situation in the south, according to him, is unchanged, we control all possible prospects. Tavria independent motorized infantry battalion, General Tarnavsky reported on the specific results of the defense. Thanks to all our soldiers who protect Zaporizhia and all this direction,” the president said.
“Definitely, the Northern direction, Kyiv. There was a report by General Nayev. The general said the situation is completely under control, as well as along the entire northern border,” he also said.
Zelenskyy noted “good results” in the formation of new brigades of the Offensive Guard. “This is a very useful experience of how it is possible and necessary to motivate people. And I will support this format of work, both at Headquarters and in informing defense management,” he said.