- Reznikov: We guarantee life and safety to Russian military who refuse to fight, we’ll achieve tribunal for those who give criminal orders 07.10.2022
- Russia's use of Iranian drones not to significantly affect course of war – ISW 07.10.2022
- WINNERS OF NOBEL PEACE PRIZE IN 2022: ALES BIALIATSKI (BELARUS), CENTER FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES (UKRAINE), MEMORIAL ORGANIZATION (RUSSIA) 07.10.2022
- Winners of Nobel Peace prize in 2022: Ales Bialiatski (Belarus), Center for Civil Liberties (Ukraine), Memorial organization (Russia) 07.10.2022
- Shmyhal discusses with foreign colleagues defense and financial assistance to Ukraine 07.10.2022
Von der Leyen, Truss: Putin's makes statement of weakness, we're committed to support Ukraine for as long as it takes
BRUSSELS. September 21 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Liz Truss have issued a joint statement on which they described the recent statement by Russian President Vladimir Putin as "a statement of weakness" and reaffirmed their support for Ukraine in its struggle for as long as it takes.
The text of the statement was published by the press service of the European Commission.
"They strongly condemned Russia’s actions in Ukraine and agreed that Putin’s recent calls to mobilize parts of the population were a sign that Russia’s invasion is failing. It is a statement of weakness. They recognized the courage and bravery of the Ukrainian people and underscored their joint commitment to sustaining support for Ukraine in its struggle as long as it takes," reads the statement.
In addition, von der Leyen and Truss discussed UK-EU relations including energy, food security and the Northern Ireland Protocol.